Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tatted Cup

In an effort to find new ways to display tatting and keep it dust free, I ran across plastic cups in the kids isle at Hobby Lobby. They are designed to display kids drawing/coloring projects. The center is removeable so paper of your choice can be added. It just happens that my choice of paper has tatting on it. Being my first attempt, I went with tatted motifs that I put spray adhesive on and placed on scrapbook paper and place inside the cup walls. Once the inner cup is inserted the paper pushes out to the outside wall and is held in place.


I think it turned out pretty well. I will be experimenting with patterns and paper. The possibilities are endless. Hobby Lobby also carries a larger tumbler that has a removeable center, which will hold even more tatting! I will be experimenting with it too.





2 comments:

Sewicked said...

Have you looked at the acrylic frames? They are simple acrylic pockets with a magnet on the back. They are great for small motif decorations(fridge magnet, file cabinet, etc).

Unknown said...

Oh, how fun. I have done mugs like this with my rubberstamped designs, I didn't even think to put tatting in there.